Some Fun Facts:
- I grew up in Los Angeles.
- I now live in Idaho! (well, at least, for summers, since I go to school at Notre Dame [in Indiana])
Things I like:
- Coding (obviously)
- Singing (choir and musicals)
- 2021 16" MacBook Pro (used for basically everything)
- 2020 11" iPad Pro (used for school stuff and art things)
During the Spring 2023 semester at Notre Dame, I have served as a Teaching Assistant for the course, Logic Design and Sequential Circuits. Some of my duties include the following:
- Providing one-on-one support and feedback to sophomore students at weekly office hours.
- Co-Leading Studio Sessions where students work on lab assignments.
- Grading weekly homework assignments and exams.
During Summer 2022, I served as a Resident Counselor and Course Facilitator for the University of Notre Dame's Pre-College Programs. Some of my responsibilities included the following:
- Ensured the well-being of 20 rising high school juniors and seniors living in a residential college setting.
- Managed online classes as per Notre Dame’s Protection of Children policies.
- Advised students and faculty on use of technologies such as Google Suite and Zoom.
- Coordinated various activities and social events, both in-person and virtually.
- Served as a mentor, university representative, and resource for 450+ prospective students.
I worked as a Lead Mobile Application Developer for We2Link from August 2019 to August 2022. In this role, I:
- Gained significant experience developing cross-platform mobile apps with React Native.
- Led the creation of a series of 12 tutorial videos introducing new team members to our project.
I also worked as a Tech Instructor for the East Los Angeles Community Youth Center.
- Taught several classes, including "How to Build your own Arduino-based Smart Car", "Introduction to Drones", and "LEGO Robotics", to underserved elementary- and middle-school students.
- Our Robotics team won second place in the First Annual Boyle Heights Robotics Competition. Also, developed the curriculum currently in use for the "How to Build your own Arduino-based Smart Car" class.
- In November 2020, during COVID, I began teaching “Introductory Robotics Programming”, a virtual class teaching students basic programming skills by use of VEXCode VR.
I have worked on a variety of projects, both personal and professional. These are some of my favorites:
This website! I built it using Next.js, TypeScript, and Tailwind CSS.
Outdoor Lighting Controller
An ESP8266-based controller for outdoor lighting. I built it using ESPHome and Home Assistant.
CircuitPython-based Sensor Board
A drone-mounted PCB with air quality sensors based on an Adafruit Feather running CircuitPython.
An ESP32-based M5Stack timelapse camera built using Arduino, NodeJS, and bash scripting.
A web-based Minecraft server management tool built using React, NodeJS, and Express.
An interactive React Native component for displaying credit card information.